There are four standards and certification programmes based on the BE framework: (i) An overall BE standard leading to the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) certification; and (ii) Three BE niche standards for people, innovation and service leading to the People Developer, Singapore Innovation Class and Singapore Service Class certifications, respectively.
All four standards are based on the same seven dimensions of excellence, namely, Leadership, Planning, Information, People, Processes, Customers and Results. Each of these standards focuses on management capabilities required for a key enabler of BE: people, innovation or service.
SINGAPORE SERVICE CLASS
Singapore Service Class (S-Class) certification focuses on helping organisations develop their capabilities in enhancing service leadership, service agility, customer delight and customer experience.
Singapore Quality Class (SQC)
Launched in 1997, Singapore Quality Class (SQC) is the certification for overall business excellence standard and provides organisations with a holistic model for managing business excellence.
To be certified, you must attain a score between 400-699 points in the assessment. Organisations with a score of 700 or more will be awarded the prestigious SQA.
Enterprise Development Grant (EDG)
Purpose of the Scheme
The Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) helps Singapore companies grow and transform. This grant supports projects that help you upgrade your business, innovate or venture overseas, under three pillars:
- Core Capabilities: Projects under Core Capabilities help businesses prepare for growth and transformation by strengthening their business foundations.
- Business Strategy Development
- Financial Management
- Human Capital Development
- Service Excellence
- Strategic Brand and Marketing Development
- Innovation and Productivity: Projects under Innovation and Productivity support companies that explore new areas of growth, or look for ways to enhance efficiency. These could include reviewing and redesigning workflow and processes. Companies could also tap into automation and technologies to make routine tasks more efficient.
- Process Redesign
- Product Development
- Market Access: Projects under Market Access support Singapore companies that are willing and ready to venture overseas. You may tap into the EDG to help defray some of the costs of expanding into overseas markets.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Overseas Marketing Presence
- Pilot Project and Test Bedding
- Standards Adoption